Sunday, January 08, 2006

Alcholisim

So the leader of a political party has had to resign because he is a recovering alchi. I myself drink a fair bit but as far as I know I am not an alcoholic (unless I am in denial).
Kennedy had a drink problem and his party (well those at the top not the people who actually make the party) said they could not tolerate his actions - one or two of them wants the position me thinks.

When I thought about this I compared Kennedy to other leaders.

Stalin
Genocidal egomaniac that killed more of his own people than you could think possible - I never saw his party try to put him out of power.

Margaret Thatcher
Matriarch of the conservative party. Finally done in not by Neil Kinnock but by the lesser people within her own party. Introduced some of the worst policies in the eighties leaving Britain’s industries a desolate wasteland.

Jacques Chirac
Named by the French people "super liar" for lying about everything.

President George bush
Idiot of the highest order. More interested in filling his bank balance than making the world a safer place.

Tony Blair
For supporting bush in a war without actually having something called a "plan"

When you compare the above with Kennedy it kind of puts everything thing into perspective and I wonder how much was his own top brass wanting the job and how much was actually down to his drinking problem.

No comments: